Summer Baldwin is a former Brooklyn-based, currently Gulf Coast-based dancer, actress and yoga teacher. In 2006, she received her BFA in Theater/Dance from Valdosta State University. While in NYC from 2007-2011, Baldwin trained and performed as a low-flying trapeze artist with Fly-By-Night Dance Theater, including portraying Dafne in the aerial-adaptation of the opera Apollo and Dafne. She also choreographed and performed in two low-flying trapeze duets, Whatever You Think is Best and petite bash. Since moving to the Gulf Coast, her work includes playing Betty in the award winning black and white short film The Dead Man’s Number directed by Jackson Hill. At the 2015 Philadelphia Horror Film Festival, Summer was nominated Best Actress for her role as Betty in The Dead Man’s Number. For her 2013 aerial dance piece, The Betty Dance, Baldwin was voted one of the Top Three Performing Artists of the Year with the New Orleans RAW Artist Showcase. Other choreographic work on the Gulf Coast includes, Ever So… at the New Orleans Fringe Festival and If It Should Suddenly Rain at the Ohr-Okeefe Museum of Art. As a teacher, Baldwin has taught dance to all ages since 2006 and was the Director of Dance at two performing arts summer camps, Camp Curtain Call and Appel Farm. Summer is a certified 200 hr yoga teacher and children’s yoga teacher.
Click Class Title for Details
- April 2017 – Dance Lab Series 4 : Airth Technique with Leif Anderson on April 22, 2017 11:00 am
- April 2017 – Dance Lab Series 4 : Intro to Modern Dance with Summer Baldwin on April 22, 2017 12:30 pm
- April 2017 – Dance Lab Series 4 : Kids Yoga and Dance with Summer Baldwin on April 22, 2017 2:00 pm
- April 2017 – Dance Lab Series 4 : Share Dance Showcase Jr. on April 22, 2017 3:15 pm
- April 2017 – Dance Lab Series 4 : Share Dance Showcase on April 22, 2017 4:00 pm